Zen and the Art of Art is a series of Learn to Paint and Draw books based on over 15 years of teaching by multi-award winning full time professional artist Jacqueline Hill. Covering everything you need to know from foundations to advanced techniques, these guides, explained in a way that makes it easy to understand and remember, take you through, step by step to overcome your own inner demons, and paint like a real artist.
Zen and the Art of Art : Foundations book unlocks the secrets to creating a flawless drawing or painting, in any medium. The Softcover book is available now for purchase here. The book is about to be released internationally on Amazon, Apple Books and Google Books.
Anyone Can Paint or Draw
Jojo’s eyes widened.
She looked up at the simply carved wooden building rising from the leafy bamboo forest. This must be the art dojo, she thought. Standing in the open door was a man who looked as old as the mountains. He was wearing soft grey robes.
‘Welcome,’ said The Master.
Zen and the Art of Art: Foundations will show you:
- How to paint or draw like a pro, even if you’ve never picked up a brush before
- How to avoid the 3 most common mistakes beginners make with their paintings
- 8 ways to work magic with a brush
- 6 different colour mixing recipes — so you can become a colour mixing Wizard!
- 5 ways to save money on painting supplies without compromising quality
- 2 original zen stories so you will never forget the most crucial art concepts
- 20 enlightening conversations with The Master
- 220 full colour images to help guide you step by step
You’ll be led gently along a practical, step-by-step course by a kind Zen Art Master — who will open your mind to totally new ways of seeing, so you can create beautiful art.
Includes 2 original zen short stories to help you remember the most crucial art concepts, plus 20 scenes with Jojo and the Master.
Painting will suddenly become easy and fun. You’ll wish you had these secrets years ago.
“One of the best teachers I’ve ever seen in action.” — Lana K, NSW
“Offers beginner artists a complete guide to artistry, as well as an in-depth… [and] a broad variety of techniques and mediums… Zen and the Art of Art is a must-read for any aspiring professional artist – or anyone who is looking to pursue art as a hobby.” — Dr Christian Rowan, Shadow Minister for the Arts